The Retail Brand Manager (3rd Party Software and Digital Commercial) will be working closely with 3rd Party Relations team, PlayStation Network team and Retail Marketing partners leading the development and execution of communications, media and content for the PlayStation 3rd Party partnerships and our digital strategy at retail. They will drive brand awareness, affinity and business performance, in a way that delivers on PlayStation’s brand strategy, sales objectives and corporate mission in an impactful way.
Responsible for developing marketing strategies on all 3rd party software titles and digital titles for our key retail accounts, developing retail marketing programs internal teams and leadership and the development of our communication message which include; email, social media and in-store. These programs will support our key sales objectives while communicating our key product messaging.
This role will lead the transition to digital at retail through innovative business models and execution. They will be ultimately responsible for achieving aggressive digital sales targets at retail and ensuring best-in-class promotion of PlayStation digital products at retail.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Retail Marketing at SIEA, the ideal candidate has strong communication skills both written and verbal and is able to analyze consumer data and sales results to highlight opportunities to improve consumer sales. In a dynamic sales and marketing environment, they need to be flexible, have strong time management skills and be capable of balancing many projects simultaneously with short deadlines for completion. They are detail oriented and sales minded with the ability to think outside the box.
It’s imperative that the candidate is proactive and continuously seeks to build innovative retail marketing communications and solutions to win market share. This high performing individual needs to have demonstrated success with influencing team members and delivering results with cross functional teams.
- Lead PlayStation planning and execution of our digital commercial strategy ate retail.
- Drive visibility, alignment, and support for ongoing retail activities with internal and external partners.
- Deliver business opportunity assessments to increase market share and process efficiencies.
- Build test and learn plans for new strategies to improve digital experience, value, and performance at retail.
- Deliver weekly and monthly business updates to all stakeholders with performance reviews and upcoming plans.
- Lead quarterly Joint Business Planning Sessions with key partners to define strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Participate in the development, management and implementation of marketing strategies and plans for assigned 3rd party campaigns and product launches.
- Bring strategy to life by developing assigned communications initiatives within the full marketing mix – creative, media, content.
- Own and maintain ongoing communications calendar. Collaborate with Retail Marketing and 3rd party relations team to ensure all communications initiatives are accounted for and make recommendations on how to best phase communications initiatives to retail.
- Provide weekly/monthly dashboard to monitor 3rd party campaigns. Conduct and share campaign post-mortems with broader retail and 3rd party relations teams.
- Lead agenda and scheduling of weekly/monthly 3rd party meetings.
- Sales minded and has experience in analysing data to build recommendations to improve sales trajectories.
- Work cross-functionally with product marketing, retail channels, retail and sales team to develop and execute marketing programs end-to-end.
- 5-10 years of marketing communications, sales, channel or brand management experience. Experience within the gaming or electronics industry a strong plus.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to understand and consider marketing investment scenarios (e.g. ROI analyses, etc).
- Exposure to a broad range of traditional and non-traditional consumer marketing techniques/vehicles (e.g., digital, social media, PR, retail marketing, etc).
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working within data and interpreting results to drive decision-making. Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented team player with a take charge attitude.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Mature individual with capacity for rapid change and degree of ambiguity.
- Creative flair and desire to work in small, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Must exhibit a passion for the company’s vision, mission and value
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.