Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Software Security Engineer, Platform Security (GN)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We will consider engineer profiles ranging from mid to staff level professional experience.
Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation has a rare and very exciting career opportunity. We seek a software engineer to spearhead low-level software security initiatives across our current and future PlayStation platforms. You will join an elite team focused on Sw/Hw secure coding initiatives, designs, code reviews, penetration testing and system hardening efforts. If this is you please apply!
- Conduct design reviews and identify priority lists for code reviews
- Review platform and application security measures and provide feedback and solutions on fixes
- Provide assessments on privacy, security risks, security maturity, security controls and gaps
- Conduct security code reviews and document the results
- Other tasks assigned as necessary
- Secure coding and safe computing practices and code development
- Knowledge of development of product security features, such as obfuscation, key-hiding, etc.
- Ability to analyze and stress-test software and conduct security design reviews
- Awareness of requirements for cyber security procedures, including documentation
- Knowledge of penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, static & dynamic source code analysis tools and techniques
- Familiarity with performing product security assessments, threat models, server side and network security, and various cryptographic algorithms and libraries
- Experience in finding software exploits and security holes
- Experience in secure coding and code analysis
- Solid knowledge of operating system designs, access and priority models
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master of Science a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.