Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
eSports Partnership Specialist
San Mateo, CA
The Third Party Relations team at SIEA is responsible for every facet of the relationship between PlayStation and its Publisher and Developer partners in the US, Canada and LATAM. The Partner Alliances team, a division within Third Party Relations, manages all marketing efforts against promoting partners’ games. The Partner Alliances team mission is to provide best in class marketing solutions that leverage the power of Sony's ecosystem to excite gamers, resulting in increased awareness and purchase intent for our partners’ games and the PlayStation platform. The team services over 200 accounts across publisher and developer relations delivering over $700MM+ in marketing value to our partners.
The eSports Partnership Specialist will provide support to the Partner Alliances Manager on sponsorships of partners’ eSports leagues. Working side-by-side with the Third Party Account Management team, Marketing Partnerships & Activations team and agencies, the eSports Partnership Specialist will lead tactical execution of all eSports sponsorship marketing initiatives for SIEA while helping to shape SIE’s global eSports strategy.
Support Partner Alliances Manager by leading day-to-day marketing initiatives for 3-6 eSports sponsorships a year. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Execute marketing plans across all eSports sponsorships that drive 1) brand awareness and positive sentiment for PlayStation, 2) engagement on PS4 and 3) engagement with our partners’ eSports leagues globally.
- Conceive and execute content strategies that promote partners’ eSports leagues, authentically engage eSports fans and reinforce PlayStation’s brand voice, including but not limited to “Top 5 Plays” videos, player interviews, sponsored pro livestreams, tips & tutorials, event recaps and event giveaways
- Work with external partners to integrate marketing content across their livestreamed broadcasts, social media, digital channels and eSports events
- Liaise between internal marketing teams and external partners to promote content on PlayStation-owned marketing channels, including social media, YouTube, PlayStation Blog, PlayStation.com, email newsletters, retail and the PlayStation Store
- Gather and route assets for review and approval across external partners and internal teams
- Ensure all advertising and marketing assets adhere to policies, brand compliance, legal guidelines and licensing requirements
- Constantly evaluate PlayStation’s eSports sponsorship strategy to influence future deals and marketing activities
- Track and manage eSports expenditures
- Assist with the development and executions of various eSports research initiatives
- 4+ years in the video game industry with a passion for gaming and a personal stake in eSports
- Proactive drive to create best practices where none exist
- Experimental and analytical approach to defining and achieving success amidst an environment of extreme ambiguity
- Conscious openness to feedback, whether strategically from the market or personally from peers
- Communication skills to effectively drive multiple internal and external teams towards a common goal, while maintaining positive working relationships
- Meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced, time-constrained environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat. Quicktime & Windows Media. Familiarity with using web-based applications including FTP sites.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.