Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
San Francisco, CA
BIS is a shared service department providing Business Intelligence capabilities primarily to the Sony Gaming and Network Services business units. BIS also maintains teams in San Mateo, London and San Diego. Close interworking with other engineering teams in San Diego and San Mateo campuses will also be required.
BIS delivers new capabilities through a matrix organization based on Scrum teams. Resources are drawn from ETL Developers, DBAs, Report Developers, Data Scientists, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Architects.
- To manage and govern core enterprise architecture decisions on the AWS Cloud platform that underpin the BIS BI Platform
- To support the development of BI Solution Architecture and its migration to the AWS platform
- To enable design governance, ensuring adherence to standards and the BIS Roadmap collaboratively through design and delivery
Areas of Responsibility
- Cloud Architecture: Manage and govern the cloud architecture across the BIS landscape and assigned projects from a design perspective. Provide leadership in designing cloud services ensuring the best fit to the business needs across business process, support, time and cost dimensions, taking into consideration technology roadmaps and the Enterprise Architecture view.
- Solution Architecture: Support the Solution Architects in developing cloud released designs.
- Architectural Artefacts: Deliver high quality architectural artefacts which clearly explain the solution and decisions behind it. Make sure that all artefacts are approachable and useable by the target stakeholders.
- Enterprise Architecture: Support the Enterprise Architecture development and communication of the Architecture and the BIS roadmap.
- Architecture Governance: Drive the adoption of architecture standards, patterns and polices across the BIS department and the wider enterprise.
- Architecture Practice: Take an active role in contributing to the effectiveness of the architecture practice through developing improved ways of working. Collaborate with other practices across Sony to share best practice.
- Supplier Management: Work with suppliers to understand their future vision and strategy. Build supplier partnerships to gain the best outcome for the enterprise.
- Coaching: Collaborate with and coach less experienced architects and colleagues from teams outside of the architecture practice to support the improvement of the department as a whole.
- Collaborate: Build strong working relationships with architects and engineering teams across the Sony Interactive Entertainment business, and wider Sony
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an IT architect or designer on major cloud programs of work
- Proven ability to deliver flexible, reliable, supportable, cost effective (packaged and bespoke) IT solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of architecture governance through the use of enterprise architecture artefacts including principles, policies, views, viewpoints and building blocks
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Cloud and BI marketplace and trends within end user organisations including media, marketing and logistics businesses
- Demonstrable knowledge of the use of business intelligence to drive retail, product development and customer engagement
- Demonstrable knowledge of the use of Agile methods to deliver BI (BIS use SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework)
- Demonstrable understanding of high performance team models
- Demonstrable knowledge of principles of business change management
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to different audiences from technologists to senior stakeholders
- Ability to build rapport and influence through collaborative leadership
- Ability to negotiate through conflict
- TOGAF 9 certified (desirable)
- Cloud Hosting architectures
- AWS services: VPC, Networking, Lambda Architecture, RedShift, S3
- Hybrid AWS Architectures
- Migration to cloud experience of production services
- Adobe: Adobe Analytics, Adobe Test and Target
- Infrastructure as code: including Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible
- Dynamic cluster, cost forecasting and spot instances
- Business Intelligence Architecture Experience
- ETL tools: such as Ab>Initio and Talend
- Cloud Analytics Databases : such as Redshift, Greenplum or Teradata
- Visualisation tools: such as MicroStrategy and Tableau
- Data Science and Machine Learning using AWS and Open Source Tools
- High performance distributed architectures
- Streaming Analytics: such as Databricks Spark, DataTorrent and Ab>Initio continuous flows
- High throughput queue technologies: such as Kafka, Memcache, Redis and HAProxy
- NoSQL paradigm: such as Cassandra, DynamoDB and Hadoop (EMR)
- Scheduling and Monitoring: such as CloudWatch, Graphite, Nagios and Control-M.
- Security Architecture
- Authentication and authorisation approaches: including ADFS, OKTA
- Audit architectures: including Splunk
- Awareness of consumer data protection legislation
- Intrusion detection solutions
- Appreciation of Development and Integration Challenges
- Java stack
- ESB integration platforms
- MDM solutions for customer and product
- Appreciation of Infrastructure and Data Centre Services
- Virtualisation Technology (Server and Storage)
- Network Provisioning (LAN, WAN, VPN, VPC)
- Data Archiving and Destruction
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.