Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Senior SOC Engineer is a member of the SOC Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). The SOC Engineer will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Splunk and other technologies that support the Information Security program across SIE. This is a technical hands on position that requires someone with an understanding of the needs of a 24/7 SOC (Security Operations Center). We are looking for a candidate who has had a great deal of SIEM and security experience that will work closely with the SOC staff and with other highly technical members across multiple teams to continuously improve and enhance SIE's technical information security program. SIE also uses SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) so any experience with that methodology would be helpful.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior SOC Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Act as mentor and guide for team members and SIRT members and for SOC Analysts.
- Supporting both SIE and the global IT Security infrastructure.
- Supporting the Enterprise Security application and making recommendations for improvements.
- A strong ability to multi-task and manage varying priorities.
- Hands-on implementation and maintenance of Splunk.
- Use case development, content writing, dashboard creation and reporting abilities.
- Solid understanding of a variety of types of security technologies including but not limited to IPS/IDS, WAF, Firewalls, Proxies, DAM, Wireshark, FIM, etc.
- Scripting to move data and actions between systems/devices via APIs.
- Develop and maintain enterprise-caliber documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of information security policies and goals.
- Keep current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security.
- Participates in on call rotation for 24x7 support of security operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (7+ years)
- 5+ years in security engineering
- Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
- Firewall rule and policy administration knowledge
- Network routing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good independent problem solving and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
- Well versed in various logging infrastructure and methodologies such as Syslog, WMI, etc.
- Understanding of Scripting (e.g., Perl, Python, shell scripting)
- Splunk experience
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team-first environment
- Strong RegEx skills
- Ability to write scripts from scratch, not just maintain them
- Database query experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Past experience with or current understanding of security policies and procedures
- Direct experience with security infrastructure engineering
- Prior SOC Experience
- Knowledge of Kibana or other data visualization tools a plus
- Knowledge of cloud security a big plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.