PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are God of War! Join us!
Managing a team of programmers, partnering with Technical Directors and engineering Leads, collaborating with other managers, hiring, firing, mentoring, performances reviews, keeping everyone on the career trajectory they want to be on – that’s the job. Have you got the coding experience? Have you got the people management chops? Are you up for it? If so, give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Allocate and plan programming resources
- Schedule and task coders, directly or in conjunction with Production
- Collaborate with Leads, Production, and Game Directors to align programming strengths, resource allocations, and assignments with the creative vision of the game
- Track work progress; follow up to ensure goals are being met
- Present, communicate, and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
- Develop an interpersonal relationship with the engineers; know their personalities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Support the professional goals and development opportunities for the engineering staff
- Provide coaching (internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-ones)
- Plan and execute (or secure) relevant training and conferences for the engineering team
- Counsel as needed (including PIPs and other corrective / disciplinary actions)
- Monitor and review each individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals
- Facilitate communication and feedback between engineers and engineering leads
- Collaborate in resume review, phone screening, and interviews
- Promote the engineering culture
- Develop a general knowledge of the engineering infrastructure
- Collaborate with Senior Management, the Lead Producer, the Production Team, and other studio leaders to ensure consistent, transparent, and effective processes across disciplines
- Seek collaborative resolution to both intra and inter team conflicts
- Create and maintain wiki repositories consisting of department information
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years programming experience
- Minimum one game development cycle managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical developers
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Experience with staffing and team building
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies and practices
- Project scheduling experience
- Good cross-disciplinary communication
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.