Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Software Engineer - Automation / Engineering Test Tools
San Francisco, CA
The successful candidate for this role will have expertise in Architecture, Engineering tools, methods and practices and lead the technical vision for the Quality Engineering organization. This is a high visibility individual contributor position that includes project & technical negotiations, presentations, delivering white papers and influencing multiple stakeholders within Engineering, PMO and Product.
- Drive research of industry trends and apply best practices in quality engineering.
- Mentor and influence QA teams across the organization towards long term goals on capability building.
- Keep current on new technologies and make recommendations on future directions for quality engineering.
- Collaborate with engineering architects, product managers and engineering teams in implementing best practices in software testing with a “shift left” focus.
- Design, develop, enhance and review test automation tools, frameworks and infrastructure
- Bachelors in Computer Science/ Engineering or related discipline (Masters preferred).
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in product organization distributed across the globe.
- 3+ years of hands on development experience desired.
- Deep understanding of testing concepts, tools & processes.
- Demonstrated experience designing scalable and maintainable automated testing solutions for distributed enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change in tools or practices across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology, tools and process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative and mentoring skills.
- Prior experience with testing console devices is preferred but not required.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.