Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Compiler Engineer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Picture yourself climbing through the Himalayas in search of the ancient kingdom of Shambhala, fending off a horde of zombies in the ruins of a once vibrant metropolis, or lining up a pristine headshot after camping in the perfect vantage point. Have you ever wondered exactly how the interactive and imaginative worlds of PlayStation are brought to life? It takes teams of talented and hardworking dreamers, cutting edge hardware design, and millions of lines of C++ code funneled through the PlayStation Toolchain.
If the prospect of leveraging the latest innovative compiler technologies to tackle exciting challenges and contribute to the best gaming ecosystem worldwide, then take your software engineering career to the next level with us here at PlayStation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment/US R&D is looking for a Senior Compiler Engineer to join our CPU compiler team to design, develop, and deliver an exceptional CPU compiler for PlayStation platforms. We expect the compiler to exceed the expectations of our game and application developers and support the continued tradition of excellence championed here at PlayStation.
- With a global team of engineers design, implement, optimize, debug, test and deliver product-level compiler tools
- Ensure the compiler exceeds the needs of our developers
- Engage with the open source community for our mutual benefit
- Interact with our QA team to ensure the quality of the compiler
- Work with documentation team to create user documentation
- Support game developer on all toolchain related matters
- Strong C and C++ knowledge and development skills
- Strong knowledge of debugging, performance analysis and tuning, and testing
- End-to-end understanding of the entire toolchain, including compiler, linker, debugger, and binary utilities
- Knowledge of compiler internals, including general and target-specific optimizations, code generation, instruction scheduling, syntax parsing, and runtime library interactions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Windows and Linux development environments
- Game development is a plus
- Scrum or other agile software development methodologies
- Diverse multi-country development teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.