Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
The Staff Machine Learning Engineer will deliver optimizable interactions across PlayStation experiences and systems. They will design, code, train, document, deploy and evaluate the performance of large-scale machine learning systems while directly collaborating with a team of talented engineers. To be successful they will cost-effectively analyze billions of streaming events. Further, they will mentor others in machine learning technologies, tools and processes, as they help to advance our technical objectives and architectural initiatives.
We are looking for someone who can build delightful products and experiences for millions, in an agile environment, alongside an excellent cross-functional team across Engineering, Product and Design.
- PhD/MS with a specialization in machine learning and hypothesis testing
- 6+ years of work experience in building software solutions; 3+ years of experience in one-or-more of: recommender systems, personalization, forecasting, conversational systems, outlier detection, and hypothesis testing
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient in data-driven clustering, classification, ranking, and estimation techniques
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as MLlib, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, or Theano.
- Experience programming in Python, Java, Scala, or similar modern language
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies; experience with engineering best practices
- Experience with open source tech stack such as Spark, Presto, Hive Metastore, Apache Zeppelin, and Apache Parquet
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, recommendation systems
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.