Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Director, PlayStation Games – Program Management (PMO)
San Francisco, CA
ABOUT THIS POSITION
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Director, Program Management for PS Games. In this highly visible role, you will provide direct management to a program management team of 15 to 20 members, and your core responsibilities will include the hiring, training, coaching, and daily activities management of staff activities. You will also serve as a member of the SIE PMO Leadership team.
You will work with globally distributed cross-functional teams (product management, business operations, engineering, design, marketing, support, legal, finance) to ensure product and operational readiness for market delivery. These programs will positively impact millions of PlayStation customers.
- Has successfully led large distributed program teams across different locations and time-zones to deliver complex, high-stakes consumer facing products and services.
- Proven track record of building and growing strong teams.
- Drives processes that improve overall program management and product development efficiency, both locally and at scale.
- Strong ability to relate to and manage diverse stakeholders of all levels.
- Proven track record of consistent on-time and high quality delivery.
- Drives transparency and accountability through product development process.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience managing and/or directing program management and program teams on large-scale programs in digital media, gaming, e-commerce, or network services industries.
- Must have at least 3 years in a Director level position.
- Must have experience working as part of a Leadership team with other program management and product development directors and executives.
- Must have expert level understanding of software development models and release processes, including deep knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and principles.
- Is passionate about delivering products that delight customers.
- Lead approximately 20 program managers on Games PMO teams based in San Francisco and Southern California, including hiring, training, coaching, and management of staff activities for multiple cross-functional programs.
- Build strong partnership across Games Product Development teams and stakeholders.
- Drive collaboration across Games Product Development teams to achieve overall Program objectives.
- Own overall program schedules - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Own reporting of program plans, status, and risks/mitigations to executive audiences.
- Travel, including some international travel, (less than 25%) is required.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellence in coaching, team building, people management, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to orchestrate, organize and lead large distributed groups towards achieving ambitious common objectives.
- Excellence in Program and Project management capabilities.
- Technically savvy, is excellent at problem solving and strong at systems thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, across all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive Agile experience and knowledge required (Scrum, XP, SAFe, etc).
- High level of proficiency with Agile project management tools required (Jira, Rally, VersionOne, etc).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.