Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Dialog Coordinator
Playa Vista, CA
Join the world-renowned Sound team at Santa Monica Studios, creating and managing high quality dialog content for 1st party product development projects. The ideal candidate must be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator. The successful candidate will have a creative vision, excellent communication and organizational skills and passion to succeed.
- Frequently collaborate with the sound team, game designers and producers to push the bar for creating sonically rich, high-quality games and content
- Organize the audio assets required by each project in a logical way to best facilitate implementation and final execution
- Manage dialog content on multiple projects
- Own audio pipeline documents and collaboration with the game developer team and key team members
- Knowledge of audio production, editing and mastering is required; this includes direct working knowledge in Recording, Editing and Mastering
- The use of microphones, audio processing equipment, and recording devices (both in the field and in the studio) are required
- Must have knowledge of professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) ProTools, SoundForge, Bias Peak, Waves Plugins, sequencers, etc.
- Knowledge of signal processing devices such as compressors, limiters, equalizers, etc.
- Proven and demonstrable qualifications in dialog editorial and mixing for pre-rendered linear cinematics of varying complexity and content styles
- Mixing in multiple formats such as 5.1, quad, etc.
- Knowledge and command of Pro Tools templates and session set up for mixing in various formats quickly and collaboration
- Proven qualifications in scripting game sounds using commercially available sound middleware and/or internal/proprietary game development tools such as Sony’s Scream, Wwise, Fmod, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Understanding of which microphones and recording hardware to use for each recording objective, with a focus on ADR, Motion Capture Dialog, and other field dialog recording
- Proven experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as production, script writers, creative directors, localization teams, etc.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the other members of a game development team
- Proven record of professionally written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining professional respect and courtesy to developers and team members
- Must have a credited record of dialog related work on shipped AAA titles
- Relevant accredited education in the field of audio \ sound design \ television \ broadcasting
- Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of field recording techniques preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.