Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Character Technical Director (Contract)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
San Diego, CA
The Visual Arts Services Group is a division of SCEA's Product Development Services Group. VASG is a full-production studio located in San Diego that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning.
We are currently looking for a senior character TD to come aboard and work with our character art team to develop face rigs for a wide variety of triple A game titles. The Face Rigging TD will work with the Blendshape Artists, Character Artists and Animation Leads to develop cutting edge facial rigging solutions. As part of this process the candidate is expected to write custom tools and scripts where needed to help the rigging process. It is important for the candidate to be able to build rigs that tailor to our clients specific needs and game engine requirements.
- Working with the Blendshape artists and animators to create custom face rigs
- Building and improving the facial rigging pipeline through scripting and tool creation
- Communicate with the client studios to understand and address their custom requirements
- Researching and implementing new methods and processes for face rig creation
- Guide other character TDs on best practices and advanced technologies/processes
- At least 10 years of rigging experience
- At least 5 years of game development experience
- Expert knowledge of facial anatomy
- Experience with blendshapes and/or pose space deformers
- Experience with FACS
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Python and MEL scripting
- Experience with scanning and remeshing pipelines considered a plus
- Experience with muscle simulation and other forms of advanced body deformation considered a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.