Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Principal Software Engineer - Architect / Client Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Are you interested in designing and implementing a scalable, flexible architecture on various platforms such as game console, Web and Mobile?
The position is for Principal Software Engineer who will architect, design, and develop core platform components using web technology for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in platform software development across a globally distributed team.
- Collaborate with engineers/architects building applications in Ember.js and React Native to architect applications on PlayStation, Web and Mobile platforms
- Apply your vast experience building cross-platform libraries to have a massive area effect on a large team of Ember.js and React Native developers by defining and demonstrating best practices for building sharable software components
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- Contributes to feature analysis from an engineering perspective
- technical objectives and architectural initiatives
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation.
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 8 years of experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 1+ year of building mobile applications on both Android and iOS using React Native
- Understanding of popular best practices to avoid to introduce security holes
- Understanding of profiling application performance as well as popular best practices and methods of how to improve performance of single page web application (e.g. caching data, making API call in parallel and asynchronous, pre-fetching data, etc.)
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Experience of designing and building applications on smaller footprint hardware (e.g. TV set top box, game console, etc.)
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Experience of Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Strong understanding of general software engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews and documentation
- Passionate about writing automated end-to-end tests
- Experience of open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.