Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Security Software Engineer
Do you want to bring Gaikai's game-streaming technology to smartphones, tablets, TVs, consoles, and other devices? Are you passionate about securing media streams and infrastructure that will revolutionize the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology and innovative partners on innovative devices? If so, join us!
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Gaikai is leading the cloud gaming revolution, making hundreds of PlayStationTM video games available to our users on demand. We are working to expand and optimize Gaikai's streaming service on different client device platforms. Gaikai powers the PlayStationTM Now, Remote Play, and Share Play streaming services.
The Security Software Engineer position is a hands-on engineering role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a success-oriented, fast-paced, and fun environment. This hands-on engineering role is for someone comfortable designing application software with a security focus, preferably in Python or Java, has experience designing and developing complex software solutions, a background in developing security features for cloud-based environments, enjoys interacting with technical and production team members both inside and outside of the company, and who thrives in a success-oriented, innovative, and fun environment.
- Play a hands-on senior technical role in engineering security features for embedded clients, streaming protocols, and cloud services
- Define, develop, and implement new security components and services
- Provide awareness and education around technical techniques to address vulnerabilities
- Evaluate new and existing engineering projects or technologies, analyze such systems for security vulnerabilities, recommend secure designs, and work with a cross-disciplined team to drive security compliance
- Interact with operational and development teams to educate on secure coding techniques
- Play a hands-on senior technical role in static and dynamic code reviews
- Provide technical requirements for and security evaluations of external vendors or cloud providers
- Act as technical leader for security incident management
- Understand and communicate security risks and mitigations to broad spectrum of audiences
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent, or a minimum of 7 years work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant development and security experience
- Ability to both work independently and work closely with members of a cross-functional team
- Enjoys innovating new solutions and services to complex cloud-based problems
- Extensive development experience in Python, Java, and/or C++
- Experience with security libraries and technologies (e.g. OpenSSL)
- Basic understanding of security software architecture/protocols such as PKI, x509, SAML< TLS, Multi-Factor Authentication, and general certificate management techniques
- Basic knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Team player who can get along with others both inside and outside the company
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques
- Proficiency in application threat modeling and experience in engineering mitigations
- Experience securing/operating large hardened Linux infrastructures
- Video gaming knowledge, experience, or hobby
- Enjoys working in an accomplishment-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Experience developing in distributed systems, including UDP as well as TCP networking
- Experience with Penetration Testing and building a matrixed Red Team
- Comfortable with Agile development approach
- Energized by a dynamic environment that is responsive to the needs of our partners
- Hacker mindset and always strives to think like an attacker
- Ability to categorize risks and help prioritize business needs with respect to security
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.