Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer – Data Analytics
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
The Senior Software Engineer role will help design and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation Store, accessible via the PlayStation 4, mobile and web properties as well as other applications/devices. Many of these features will enhance PlayStation Network’s Commerce features and allow you to help shape the future of the world’s largest game and entertainment content distribution platform!
You will be responsible to execute full life-cycle software development and write well designed, testable, efficient code. You’ll produce specifications and determine operational feasibility, integrate software components into a fully functional data analytics system, develop test plans and quality assurance procedures. Also, you will document and maintain software functionality and tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field; 5+ years of coding experience in Java or C/C++
- Strong foundation in computer science with an emphasis in algorithms, data structures, software design and cloud design
- Strong NoSQL experience and knowledge is a must
- 5+ years of data analytics and science experience
- Experience with Scala; experience working with Kafka; experience working with Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning experience is a plus
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Knowledge and experience developing high scale, distributed applications is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.