Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Santa Monica is seeking a Senior User Interface Tools Programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games. We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
UI is your thing: making whatever’s on the screen easy to understand, easy to use, easy to explore. And your thing is building a common UI across a suite of tools. And this helps everyone more easily get their work done and done well. The entire team wins.
And you’re talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout.
- Gather requirements and workflows needed to drive a large content-creation tool suite.
- Refine and improve content-creation workflows.
- Analyze incoming feature requests; maintain a roadmap of feature rollout.
- Develop and maintain a studio-wide UI library that supports the production tool suite.
- Drive UX and UI style guide; help maintain consistency across tools.
- Interface with stakeholders; liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
- Minimum five years of professional C++ experience.
- Experience designing and building at least one large, complex UI.
- Excellent UI Design/User Experience portfolio.
- Deep knowledge of modern UI libraries (e.g. WPF, QT etc.).
- At least two years game industry experience and/or 1 shipped AAA title from pre-production to final.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability.
- Understanding of software architecture and design.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field or equivalent experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.