Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Santa Monica is seeking a Technical Architect to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games. We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
You take on challenges – challenges: owning large, critical systems and driving them to do big things. You develop the plan; you hit the goals; you attain the highest quality results. And that’s what this is about: analyzing, designing, improving, and building great systems so people can build great games.
And you’re talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout.
- Quickly learn existing technology and identify bottlenecks.
- Present technical designs, incorporate feedback and get buy-in from clients across the team.
- Build a detailed, forward-thinking technology plan.
- Architect critical systems; define their organization, relationships, and modes of communication.
- Deliver high-value systems that align with current and future projects.
- Principally drive the studio’s future technology.
- Partner with studio leadership to align technical plans and studio goals.
- Collaborate with team Leads & Production to align goals, strategy, and plans across groups.
- Leverage those relationships in making technology evaluations and recommendations.
- Minimum seven years professional C++ programming experience.
- Minimum of two console titles shipped, from concept to final.
- Wide range of experience across several AAA engine pipelines.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of video game development best practices.
- Strong interest in video games and knowledge of industry technical trends and innovations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.