Come join the award-winning development team at Sony Santa Monica! We are seeking a Contract Associate Producer to support and manage scheduling and the day-to-day production of the internal development team.
An Associate Producer, you will be relied upon to collaborate with senior producers, creative leads, and studio managers to develop and maintain a specific discipline or project plan to determine resource, budget or schedule needs. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of project management and communication skills, and a passion for making games. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest! Please note this role is intended to be a 6 + month contract with possibility of extension.
Support internal game development:
- Responsible for specific phases or portions of product development from design through final approval.
- Apply working knowledge of Product Development needs to enhance creative relationships, guide the development of new technologies, and track progress.
- Work with Senior Producers to plan and troubleshoot production resources with design and scope forecasted.
- Support development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule and maintain tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
- Communicate between team members, consultants, inter-company, and external resources.
Manage day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering:
- Break down large or complex tasks into meaningful subtasks.
- Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact of creative initiatives on the project.
- Identify all groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project, and involving them – actively soliciting their input and following up through execution.
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams and individuals to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Partner with senior members of the team to ensure a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes.
Contribute to current and future Product Development needs:
- Foster and enhance creative working relationships with internal development team.
- Work with team managers to understand and support team members’ growth objectives. Escalate any personnel issues to senior producers and team managers.
- Participate in the yearly performance review process.
- Follow necessary processes and procedures for product development to ensure company-wide policies are adhered to.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in game production.
- 1 or more published titles as AP or above Prior experience working with large development teams desirable.
- AAA experience a plus.
- 4 year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set.
- Working knowledge of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Hansoft, Microsoft Office (Excel), Bug tracking databases (JIRA, DevTrack, TestTrack).
- Familiarity with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management.
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices.
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.