Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Director of Product Mangement, E-Commerce/Digital Retail
San Francisco, CA
Are you a commercially focused, highly motivated, passionate Product Management leader who could define and drive the future of digital retail on PlayStation Network? If so, then this is the role is for you.
You will lead a team of Product Managers who will drive the definition, development, and implementation of e-commerce solutions across the PlayStation Network. Specifically, you will be accountable for the product direction and customer experience across the portfolio of PlayStation Store channels available on PlayStation devices and on web and mobile. Serving more than 50M customers globally on PlayStation 4 alone, you and your team will be responsible for helping to grow revenue, improving customer satisfaction, and delivering world-class e-commerce experiences on all form factors.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned e-commerce veteran who can bring subject-matter expertise, thought leadership, and industry experience to the team and to the company. You will demonstrably be a strategic thinker, collaborator, and leader who is highly analytical and results-oriented. You will be a highly motivated self-starter with demonstrable and extensive experience of understanding customers’ needs, the competitive landscape, and how to deliver amazing customer experiences. You must be an excellent communicator who can build strong cross-functional relationships and you must excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, Research & Design Teams, Program Managers, Engineering and Analytics teams.
- Responsible for the planning, development, delivery, and life-cycle management of PlayStation Store across all digital channels.
- Develop and champion the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for all key moments in the customer experience that drive conversion in the shopping experience.
- Collaborate with UX Designers, Program Managers, and Engineering to execute the roadmap through discovery, design, development, testing, and launch. Own all product outcomes including on-time release and usability.
- Partner with store operations, legal, accounting, finance, sales, and service to design the business processes required to operationalize the platforms and features you design
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for e-commerce business in all digital entertainment categories (Games, Movies, TV).
- Know the numbers: be passionate about day to day health of each part of the conversion flow, ensure new products and features drive customer and financial KPIs
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing, launching, and supporting product releases.
- Balance and manage technical, feature, cost, and schedule trade-offs.
- Attract, develop, and lead top talent and grow a best in class Product Management team.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 7+ years of demonstrable experience in a product management or related role
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrable experience in e-commerce / digital retail
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable presenting to senior executives
- Must have demonstrable experience of generating actionable customer insight from research, product analytics, and BI.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills (consulting experience ideal)
- Must have demonstrable experience of having launched major products and features across different devices and platforms.
- Ability to travel for key stakeholder meetings in the US, UK, and Japan
Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and project team members to further the business objectives of our products and services
- Excellent written, verbal and social skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, clients, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of agile software development process
- Experience managing consumer-facing web services or products desired
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spend in contacting us. Thank you for your interest in PlayStation Network.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.