Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Designer to implement game audio that sets the bar for the PS4. This individual will work side by side with level designers, artists, character designers, game sound designers, and programmers on varied sound-related aspects of the production from start to finish.
You are a beginning designer who is interested in sound implementation for level and character design in AAA games. In this role, you will implement level and character sound. You have a firm grasp of Maya and structural data-driven scripting for level and character design, and an ability to quickly become proficient with proprietary game engine tools and production processes. You are self-motivated and willing to work within a schedule. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Take direction from Lead Sound Designer and Lead Audio Implementer as needed on any the following: sound support needed for game design, cinematics, marketing materials, etc.
- Work within the set standard for all sound asset implementation (environmental, character and music) within the production path, as it relates to design, art and otherwise.
- Collaborate creatively on sound implementation to enhance the gameplay experience.
- Work with the Sound Designers to accomplish audio consistency and quality.
- Consistently evaluate the audio for the design assets being created for all of the levels and characters you are responsible for. Address all issues and assist with fixing audio related problems within levels or characters you are responsible for as they arise.
- Passion for game audio and the drive to implement top-rated game sound.
- Firm grasp of Maya, Wwise, Lua, and structural data-driven scripting for level and character design.
- Ability to quickly become proficient with proprietary game engine tools and production processes.
- Working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with team members.
- Working knowledge of game engine and design tools, especially as they relate to sound.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to work within a schedule.
- Must be friendly, assertive, and open-minded.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.