Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Manager, Accounts Payable
San Mateo, CA
SIE seeks a highly motivated candidate for the position of Sr. Manager, Accounts Payable within the Finance & Accounting team. The position offers unique exposure to wide variety of businesses within the Game, Network and Media & Entertainment industry. This is a hands-on role that will work closely with all operations in San Mateo, San Francisco, San Diego, and Los Angeles. Candidate must be willing and able to learn new functionality, grow with the position requirements and be a team leader. The successful candidate must be able to analyze and document business flow from end to end and propose practical improvements. The position reports to Director, Cash Disbursements.
- Manages flow of invoices through electronic processing platform. Responsible for the management of the efficient operation of SIE's accounts payable function.
- Manages staff to ensure completion of accurate and timely accounts payable processes, provides guidance on moderate to complex issues, supports the effective resolution of issues; ensures that all members of the team provide a consistently high level of service and quality performance.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, purchase orders, and approval prior to payment.
- Co-ordinate manual payment requests and vendor master data set-up.
- Manage the good receipt invoices receipt (GRIR) control account. Understand the three-way match process and troubleshooting accordingly.
- Support the payment process and assist with resolving payments inquiries from vendors.
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other employees to resolve payment processing issues.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Effectively & proactively supports, communicates, and partners with internal business partners and internal/external vendors.
- Support the month end close timelines for invoice processing.
- Support accounting team with monthly closing reports and provide accruals to accounting on a monthly basis.
- Assists with preparation of accounts payable and other reconciliations on a monthly basis; perform various month-end closing tasks as requested.
- Support travel & expense (T&E) controls & governance with auditing employee expense reports and processing reimbursements.
- Support the administration of corporate credit card.
- Additional projects and functions as assigned.
- manage all 1099,1099s, 1042 reporting
- 10-15+ years of progressive experience in Finance & Accounting, both private and public accounting a plus.
- SAP experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting or finance related discipline.
- CPA or International Equivalent, with SOX experience required.
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting and Accounts Payable operations.
- US GAAP knowledge.
- Ability to operate effectively in a customer-service oriented environment.
- Excellent skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience working across a global business within multi-cultural working environment.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Digital content & services or entertainment industry preferred.
- Experience designing & implementing standard financial process & systems.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.