Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join the award-winning development studio that started God of War! Santa Monica Studio is looking for a talented and experienced Graphic Designer. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work in conjunction with and in support of the team of creatives at our campus in Playa Vista, CA. This is your chance to be a part of one of the world’s leading interactive entertainment companies. This contract role offers a flexible work schedule.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with studio leadership, as well as other designers, to create various assets for key projects. This ranges from working on the initial brief right through to final execution…and everything in between.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for video games to join the world of PlayStation. Please submit your application along with examples of your work (web-based or printed portfolios accepted).
- Design and create layouts, templates and assets: posters, signage, presentation decks, web banners, email newsletters, apparel, logos, catalogs, brochures, and general photo retouching, among others.
- Collaborate and communicate with project managers across departments to assess new project scopes, better understand goals, get to the root of design problems, come up with innovative solutions, and meet deadlines
- Work closely with studio project management team to ensure your work and production quality meets PlayStation® brand and design standards.
- Present clear and convincing rationales for both individual and team design efforts in front of small groups, over email, and/or through visual presentations to a wide audience of various backgrounds.
- Take initiative to better understand industry approaches through online and design publication research.
- At least 2 years of graphic design industry experience
- Experience with print, interactive and web-based design.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Strong and versatile graphic design skills.
- Keen eye for detail, especially typography.
- Experience designing across a wide variety of media and formats
- Ability to follow design instructions and implement style guides
- Bachelor's degree required in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of 3d modeling and rendering
- Previous experience in game development or related entertainment business
- Motion design experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.