Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
Do you love working with big data and machine learning? Our ideal candidate will have relevant machine learning experience as well as an understanding of gaming and social experiences.
The Staff Software Engineer will design, and develop the most visible cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and scalable API designs for the implementation of game and social features of PlayStation.
- Work with big data and analyze millions of game platform data events to help build PlayStation Network search, recommendations, and trending game/social features
- Works with other architects and engineers to plan and design how engineering components will fit together
- Design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- Contributes to feature analysis from an engineering perspective
- Drives technical objectives and architectural initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 5 years of experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of Machine Learning industry experience; understanding of popular machine learning/data mining technique used for clustering, classification, and regression models
- 6+ years of solid programming experience and developing web applications
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, and other MapReduce technologies
- Understanding and experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 a big plus
- Knowledge and experience with NoSQL with Cassandra a big plus
- Experience with Java, Scala, or Python is a big plus; passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews and documentation
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.