Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer (LVCSR Cognitive Deep Learning)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Considering senior to senior staff level professional experience.
Are you passionate about bleeding edge technology? How would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time? Do you want a career opportunity combining both your passion and skills as a software engineer while also allowing you to work with bleeding edge technology? Then you should check us out here at Sony PlayStation!
We have an exciting opportunity to join PlayStation! We seek a Software Engineer highly proficient in natural language research to develop advanced human machine interface (HMI) technology for our platform.
- Extensive knowledge of cognitive research on audio video processing for developing state-of-art machine learning technologies to recognize human intention, affection, and intelligence.
- Extensive knowledge of Natural Language Understanding, Deep Learning, AI / Machine Learning, image and speech processing.
- Speech prosody processing and visual object classification.
- Develop robust automatic speech recognition (ASR) technologies to control various kinds of distortions and variations such as channel and environment distortions, emotional speech, variety of speaking rate and speaking style for multiple languages.
- Improve acoustic model training and acoustic model adaptation for LVCSR usage.
- Expand existing LVCSR technology for multiple languages and applications.
- Integrate ASR with technologies, including microphone array, echo cancellation, speech enhancement, and other DSP processing for far-field voice recognition under noise.
- Help to debug and improve runtime voice recognition and sample voice applications for games.
- Other tasks assigned as necessary.
- Deep understanding of Voice Recognition Technologies
- Strength using C/C++ and script programming.
- Experience using Kaldi, HTK, SDKs and tools.
- Versed in DSP and speech processing technologies.
- Competent in word pronunciation handling.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with Linux and GPU usage.
- Min. of 5 years’ experience in voice recognition and digital signal processing technologies, including graduate study period.
- Min. of 5 years’ experience focused in C/C++ programming and other scripting languages, including graduate study period.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering discipline.
- An understanding of LVCSR at the lower level of development is a plus.
- Experience in multi-lingual speech and language processing is a plus.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.