Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Community and Connected Experiences group is responsible for developing social and user experience centric services on the PlayStation 4 and beyond. Features include: PS Communities, What's New Feed, Now Playing, Friend Search & Recommendations, and more.
• Develop features and internal tools for PlayStation Network Community and Connected Experiences group
• Produce detailed design and development documentation
• Participate in daily stand-ups, attend design/planning meetings and contribute as a server developer on an agile scrum team
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program; CS majors highly preferred
• 2+ years of experience in Java, C#, C++ or similar Object-Oriented programming language
• A good understanding of object oriented design and development techniques
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of and/or experience with RESTful Web Services
• Experience with scripting is a big plus (Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Experience with Web Servers (Apache, Tomcat)
• Experience with Relational Databases
• Experience with NoSQL Databases is a big plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.