Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Santa Monica is seeking a Senior DevOps / Build Engineer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
You’re into technology – learning it, building it, teaching it. You’re someone who thrives on infrastructure and on helping people, making things happen for the team, making their work lives more efficient and easier, which allows them to perform at their peak.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout.
- Solve problems within existing pipelines, focusing on simple and robust solutions.
- Upgrade, evolve, and maintain existing infrastructure, including Jenkins server configurations and scripts and build scripts.
- Support build release and patching pipeline, build deployment tool suite, code integration utilities, pre-commit testing utilities, and packaging pipeline.
- Interface with everyone on the team: get to the bottom of simple and complex problems. Provide direct solutions.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure a broad understanding of approaches and solutions.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional scripts and code.
- Test and document work produced.
- Create and manage complex build branching schemes.
- Implement and maintain effective reporting systems to facilitate team needs.
- Minimum five years professional experience.
- Familiar with or proficient in a majority of the following: Git, Perforce, Jira, REST API’s, Python, C++, Maya, Qt, PowerShell, Redis, Puppet, Ceph, OpenStack, SN DBS, automated testing structures and processes, build and/or content cooking pipelines.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux system administration.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Personable: gets along well with everyone; has “I can help” attitude.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.