Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Aliso Viejo, CA
Who are you?
- A team player who understands game culture
- You are critical thinker who is passionate about data and visualizing it
- Talented, curious and you are inventive along with a dose of tenacity
- You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate that may make you reconsider.
- You have read “Display of Quantitative Information” from cover to cover or you’ve at least heard of it
- You are engineering minded and enjoy a day at the museum
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a spin
What do you know?
- Some BI tool such as Microstrategy, Tableau, etc.
- How to manipulate data using SQL
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience applying analytic techniques and building analytic tools/products.
- Know how to work with analytics people and contexts
- Team-based software development tools and best practices
- Experience with HP Vertica is a plus but experience with other MPP DBs will suffice
- Basic knowledge of data warehouse techniques
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You excel at taking vague requirements and formulating them into valuable tools and perspectives.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and support complex and interactive dashboard reports, studies and advanced BI visualizations with modern analytic tools
- Take piles of machine data and turn it into information
- Create cool charts and infographics
- Evangelize about data and our capabilities
- Build and maintain strong peer relationships within the team and outside partners
- Synthesize complex information effectively and communicate in a concise manner.
One more thing...
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, economics or a related discipline. MS or MBA degree would be good.
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Willing to move a few miles from a so cal beach. You can live within driving distance of Aliso Viejo, CA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.