Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Manager, Brand Partnerships
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Manager, Brand Partnerships provides leadership for the development and management of brand partnerships for the portfolio of PlayStation products and services. The position will seek out and evaluate new partnership opportunities amongst like-minded consumer brands, as well as support current partner relationships. By fully leveraging the power of the PlayStation portfolio of products and services, the Senior Manager, Brand Partnerships will engage current and new partners to drive engagement and increase exposure and awareness for the PlayStation brand.
- Identify and build relationships with like-minded brand partners who can offer access to targeted consumer profiles around key marketing periods for the PlayStation platform.
- Develop and oversee the strategic plan, and associated programming, for how PlayStation provides a unique story for brand partners to ensure we engage the right partners in exchange for the right marketing value/integration.
- Act as the key liaison with brand partners with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development and pitch strategy for custom co-marketing opportunities with brands, and/or their agencies, in support of PlayStation business goals
- Lead all co-marketing contract negotiations to deliver the greatest level of marketing support/exposure for PlayStation
- Maintain and develop relationships with both brands and promotional agencies.
- Forecast potential marketing value, budget and ROI on all partnership opportunities
- Steward a team who:
- Develops the most effective messaging within the campaign for the PlayStation brand
- Ensures the right creative and promotion mix in conjunction with the partner relationship
- Tracks program results and performance to ensure key benchmarks are met
- Create and organize compelling presentations for internal and external audiences; on average, Senior Manager will lead development of 3-5+ presentations per week
- Oversee all agency partners who support brand partnership programming to ensure PlayStation secures the right partners, with the appropriate programming, delivering breakthrough programs and creative.
- Partner with product marketing teams to develop unique assets and promotional opportunities that can be leveraged to secure brand partnerships for key product/service launches; educate internal teams on what is required to deliver best in class partnerships as necessary
- Work closely with internal teams to effectively leverage existing marketing relationships/assets and avoid conflicting programming
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong relationship management, planning, negotiation, communication and analytical skills.
- Experience concepting and executing national, integrated consumer promotions supported with above the line and below the line media. Proven success negotiating and selling cross-promotional partnerships.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with a customer/client service orientated approach. Ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Proven success building productive, long-term relationships.
- Must be articulate, remaining objective and professional in a high-pressure environment
- Strategic and analytic thinker with the ability to fully understand the range of PlayStation products, strategically evaluate outside brand products and identify marketing synergies. Well versed in promotion strategies and tactics.
- Comprehensive understanding of consumer interaction with technology, and new media distribution systems. Ability to fully understand the range of PlayStation products and services, strategically analyze brand product positions, and identify a marketing synergy.
- Solution-orientated approach to problem solving; ability to pivot conversations and recommend creative solutions
- Motivated, organized, self-starter who can react effectively and professionally to situations that require quick response or turnaround. Comfortable working independently as well as a team player while multi-tasking between multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information.
- Clear and concise written skills. Strong presentation and sales skills. Ability to concept, write and develop persuasive, organized presentations quickly.
- Diverse skill set that includes the ability to conceptualize, quantify, communicate and implement strategic marketing /media partnerships
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Outlook and Internet applications. Experience in Photoshop/Illustrator a plus.
- BA or higher, MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of work experience in a marketing capacity
- Gaming knowledge/experience preferred
- Experience in corporate marketing, partnerships, or agency side on partnerships or promotions.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.