Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to create jaw dropping visuals that set the bar for the PS4 and PS4 Pro. This individual will work side by side with our art and tech teams to create VFX that enhance gameplay, help set the mood and feel of unique environments, and bring visceral epic experiences to our players.
As a Senior VFX Artist, you must possess the ability to not only collaborate with the art and creative directors to create VFX that are stunning but you must also have the ability to work closely with the tech team to share your vision of what shape our future VFX toolkit needs to take in order to create exemplary VFX on PlayStation platforms. If that’s not enough, you must demonstrate solid experience working with other development team members to ensure technical feasibility. Help us create amazing industry leading games that will set the PlayStation platform apart from the rest!
- Content creation of visual VFX across all areas of the game ranging from natural environmental VFX, to VFX to punctuate game action, to VFX for characters and their interaction with elements in the game world.
- Work closely with engine programmers to build future tools, pipelines, and graphic potential.
- Work closely with the Art and Game Directors to deliver their vision of the VFX as they pertain to the game pillars.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the game’s design to support communication and allow better discussions.
- Create and maintain VFX and shader libraries.
- Resolve assortment of complex artistic/ VFX development issues for other VFX Artists and team members.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Minimum 10 years’ industry or related experience.
- 5 or more published titles considered a strength.
- Previous and Current generation video game platform experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VFX art production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with VFX asset creation.
- Professional experience with a wide variety of proprietary and off the shelf VFX pipelines and engines
- Thorough understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Strong knowledge of lighting and photo-realistic effects.
- Traditional art and animation training and production experience.
- Strong technical abilities; knowledge of PBR systems a plus.
- Proficient in Maya (or other 3D modeling package such as 3ds Max) and Photoshop.
- Premiere/After Effects experience desirable.
- Houdini experience highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages a plus.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to: workflow, tools, particle systems, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture paining, texture/UV animation, UV layout, in-game and sprite animation, dynamics and simulations, material setup, and engine parameters/optimizations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- B.A.in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skill set.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.