Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Mobile Product Designer (Video & Music)
San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
As a Mobile Product Designer (Video & Music), you will shape the future of our products by defining fun and engaging experiences for PlayStation™ customers.
We are looking for a strong, visionary designer who can simultaneously bring life to a blank canvas, and dive into design details of existing experiences. You will develop storyboards, wireframes, journey maps, mockups, and prototypes to form and communicate design ideas. The candidate will help to define product requirements and play an active role in the feedback and iteration during the product life cycle. You help form UCD strategy for projects and participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change. Additionally, you will act as a mentor to more junior designers on the team.
The candidate must have solid design skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely through visual specifications and stakeholder presentations. You'll work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle. We are looking for a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and the ability to empathize with our customers.
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Evangelize the role of design in the development process
- Receive, weigh, and integrate constructive feedback from other team members and managers
- Present and communicate design work in a clear, confident, professional, and cogent manner; explain rationale for design decisions
- Understand business goals and seek to understand product market, competitors, opportunities and challenges
- 6+ years’ experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Extensive experience designing interfaces for iOS, Android, web and mobile web
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge, clean visual design sense and design process
- Expertise using Sketch, Adobe Suite, and/or other design/prototyping software and Microsoft Office
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Understanding and experience with user research to guide and inform the design process
- Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design or related studies
- Interest in emerging technologies in TV, web, mobile, and other devices
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Experience working within the agile software development process
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.