Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Santa Monica is seeking a Senior Multiplayer Programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
You are a multiplayer coder – that’s your thing. You know both the back and front ends, and understand the tech and the architecture. And you want all players to have the best possible shared experience, because you are one of them.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain network systems on the PS4.
- Create flexible solutions that always take bandwidth and latency into account.
- Multiplayer game programming and testing.
- General engine programming as needed.
- Minimum five years professional programming experience.
- At least two multiplayer titles shipped, end to end.
- Understanding of UDP, VOIP, NAT and other low-level protocols and technologies.
- Experience with either peer-to-peer or client-server networking models.
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills.
- Expertise in C and C++.
- Proficient in linear algebra.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication; strong collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with PS3 or PS4 (or both) networking SDKs
- Experience with Amazon S3, EC2 and other online services
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.