Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Sound Designer
Playa Vista, CA
A creative and experienced Sound Designer for interactive media who is interested in working with AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica (God of War Franchise), Japan Studios, Guerrilla Games, Sucker Punch, Insomniac and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our award winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Senior Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and development teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the industry quality bar. Your primary focus will be on sound design and implementation. Dialog, Foley, and field recording experience a plus.
- Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the title’s narrative
- Implementation and authoring of sound design using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life
- Sound design and mixing of cinematics in multiple formats and specs
- Collaborating with PD Sound leads to deliver cohesive and compelling audio experiences
- 5+ Years experience as Sound Designer for video games
- At least one shipped AAA release
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools
- Multi-specialized, able to create world class audio content spread across multiple styles
- Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content
- Familiar with authoring techniques within commercial middleware (WWISE, FMOD, etc…)
- Experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as animation, level design, AI, physics, mechanics, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.