Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer, Virtual Machines
How would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time? Would you like to develop systems-level software used by tens of millions of people around the world? Do you want a career opportunity combining your passion and skills as a software engineer while extending your knowledge in bleeding edge technology? Then you should check us out here at Sony PlayStation!
Our R&D team seeks a software engineer for our managed runtime team. As a member of this team you will get great exposure to managed runtimes while you work on optimizations, features and stability. Tasks include performance optimizations, debugging, feature development, design and architecture. If this is you please apply!
• Improve performance and stability of our managed runtimes
• Troubleshoot and resolve defects in existing managed runtimes
• Communicate status and risks to ensure on-time delivery of project commitments
• Design and implement new architectural goals for the project
• Strong C/C++ development skills, including complex debugging
• Good communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
• Capability to deliver solutions on schedule
• Familiarity with x86-64 assembly
• Experience with LLVM internals
• Knowledge of the PlayStation platforms and/or the gaming community
• Knowledge of the open source community
• Multi-lingual; Japanese
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.