Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
San Diego Studio is seeking an Assistant Game Designer to contribute to the vision and development of leading game title, “MLB-The Show.”
Our designers are artisans of interactive baseball experiences. We offer many different experiences for gamers, and our designers juggle many different responsibilities. A designer works with all disciplines to take features from concept to complete. This usually requires getting your hands dirty in content tools, scripting, excel spreadsheets, or maybe even code. Most importantly, we expect our designers to maintain a collaborative spirit that encourages everyone to help find the right ideas and the best compromises.
- Help design and develop MLB THE SHOW’s feature set.
- Identify what users yearn for, and turn it into truly innovative game features
- Seek out the best ideas, regardless of where they come from, and make them real
- Do what needs to be done to get features in the game and up to our standard of quality
- Assist the entire design team by identifying and creating techniques, structures and tools used to guide the evolution of game design within the studio
- Quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts
- Logical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a collaborative spirit
- Ability to think outside yourself and into the shoes of your varying demographics
- Knowledge of competitive products and various gameplay genres, and a personal understanding of video game fun
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter that includes:
- Why you are interested in working on MLB The Show?
- What games you are currently playing?
- Interest in the sport of baseball and a willingness to live and breathe it
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in game or software development, especially UI/UX
- Strong math and organizational skills
- In-depth understanding of sports management, specifically nuanced management rules
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages and code (eg, XML, C++, Ruby)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.