Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy. And you’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound like a good fit? If so, give us a shout.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions.
- Refine and improve content creation workflows.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in computer-generated art.
- Solid understanding of 3D math.
- Good understanding of algorithm design and of their inherent complexity.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and computer graphics as demonstrated in a portfolio.
- Expertise in C/C++ required, along with Python / PySide and MEL.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability.
- Understanding of software architecture and design.
- Experience in coding user-facing tools; knowledge of good UI design principles.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.