Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
We are God of War! Join us!
You are in the guts of the game, working primarily on low-level systems in the build and engine pipelines, making the world a better place for world-class creatives by designing, adding, and modifying runtime and tools components of the engine. And as we go forward, you are also there to help design and develop new technology for future titles.
And it goes without saying you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
- Create tools and technology to support build and engine pipelines
- Maintain existing systems; design and implement new ones
- Support and assist customers in their tools use and workflows
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly efficient code
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Expertise in C and C++
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good collaborator, especially within a large, diverse team
- Perforce (or other SCM)
- Build and build deployment systems (SCons, Jenkins, SN-DBS)
- Autodesk Maya
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.