Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Come join our award-winning God of War development team! Santa Monica Studio is looking for an experienced, qualified contractor to take on the specialized role of Senior VFX Artist at a critical juncture in our game development cycle. This individual will work side by side with our art and tech teams to create VFX that enhance gameplay, help set the mood and feel of unique environments, and bring visceral epic experiences to our players.
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will help create jaw dropping visuals that set the bar for the PS4. You must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with the art and creative directors to create VFX that are stunning while also working with other development team members to ensure technical feasibility. Help us create amazing top of class games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Content creation of visual VFX across all areas of the game ranging from natural environmental VFX, to VFX to punctuate game action, to VFX for characters and their interaction with elements in the game world.
- Work closely with engine programmers to build future tools, pipelines, and graphic potential.
- Work closely with the Art and Game Directors to deliver their vision of the VFX as they pertain to the game pillars.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the game’s design to support communication and allow better discussions.
- Create and maintain VFX and shader libraries.
- Resolve assortment of complex artistic/ VFX development issues for other VFX Artists and other team members.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills by collaborating with the Production group to develop task lists, ensuring assignments are progressing according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- Minimum 5 years’ industry or related experience.
- 2 or more published titles considered a strength.
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VFX art production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with VFX asset creation.
- Thorough understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Traditional art and animation training and production experience.
- Strong technical abilities; knowledge of PBR systems a plus.
- Proficient in Maya (or 3D modeling package) and Photoshop.
- Premiere/After Effects experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages a plus.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to: workflow, tools, particle systems, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture paining, texture/UV animation, UV layout, in-game and sprite animation, dynamics and simulations, material setup, and engine parameters/optimizations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- B.A.in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skill set.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.