PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA title.
We are seeking a AI Programmer who will Architect and implement game engine code systems that are used for the creation and development of a game application. This will involve writing game code systems for the use of the animation and/or design teams for handling the creative aspects of gameplay and AI development.
- Key contributor to the development of technology as well as systems and tools that support game design needs. This includes, but is not limited to game logic, character behaviors, navigation, state-based animations selection, motion systems, scripted mini-games, physics systems, collision systems, , entities systems, sound support.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the game design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborates with the production team to develop all aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Provides input into the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game design.
- Maintains a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule and game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicates updates and concerns to their manager.
- Manages requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintains skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Strong 3d Math Skills.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms, and methodologies, including Behavior Trees and other modern AI methods.
- A wide range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, and all related gameplay systems)
- Minimum 1 year industry experience or related experience.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant curriculum.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.