PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), we strive to invite, inspire and challenge our gaming community, as well as our employees, to achieve their greatness. The PlayStation brand is a cultural force, a symbol of great narrative, incredible entertainment, and the best games to play. With an ascendant brand that touches all areas of culture, the fastest selling console in history, and a gaming fanbase that is growing exponentially, now is the time to consider a career at SIE.
The position of Executive Assistant is expected to partner with the organization to collaborate with the senior staff members and anticipate the needs of your manager and their teams. You resolve operational and administrative issues so teams can stay focused on their projects. You move quickly with the changing environments and will develop a reliable knowledge of PlayStation products and the innerworkings of the Marketing Department and other related groups. The role requires organizational skill, the ability to work independently, and to collaborate on projects when needed.
- Provide administrative and logistical support including, but not limited to calendaring, travel arrangements, expense reports, inventory management, supplies ordering, event support
- Stay in frequent contact with all levels of Global SIE and Sony employees and managers
- Assist with creating, formatting, and proofreading PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, project updates, presentations, and other documents
- Attend meetings; take minutes, organize, and distribute to stakeholders
- Open and track purchase orders, invoices, and contracts
- Liaise problems or questions with internal departments in IT, Payroll, or HR
- Continue to improve and effectively utilize software packages to produce the work and automate administrative processes without compromising work quality
- Serve as the knowledge base for everyone that works within the department
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Bachelors’ Degree required and/or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office: Strong PowerPoint skills, Outlook, Word, and Excel, Internet applications and Internal Data Base systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Interest in company products, services, and overall business objectives
- Interest in interactive entertainment and digital distribution
- Experience in Senior Management/Executive Level interaction
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.