PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Production Analyst
San Diego, Los Angeles or San Mateo, CA (this is an onsite position)
PlayStation Studios Creative Arts Music team is seeking a Senior Production Analyst. As a senior member of the Music team, you will be responsible for financial planning, forecasting, analyzing, and reporting across multiple projects. Duties will include identifying trends, recommending actions, and developing custom tracking and resource solutions while ensuring alignment with the Music team’s overall strategy and direction. The ideal team member will possess a strong accounting background and finance experience in the gaming or entertainment industries.
- Work closely with the music management team on budget, scope, resource management, and other related financial matters across the entire portfolio.
- Serve as a client-facing finance liaison with key partners to communicate project needs and changes, and to secure budget approvals.
- Maintain and track budgets and forecasts, proactively identify risks, offer solutions, and report to management.
- Maintain a constant awareness of development status across multiple projects.
- Build relationships across Creative Arts departments to foster a sense of community.
- Knowledge-share with other finance and production groups at SIE to build awareness, share best practices, and promote collaboration.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or greater, in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, business administration, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a financial environment with management reporting and budgeting/forecasting involvement.
- Effective time-management skills with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both speaking and listening.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Has a positive, friendly personality and demeanor.
- Experience with music production.
- Experience with video game production.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.