PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Business Analyst - Org Management Office
San Diego, CA
We are looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to provide their expertise to help the Organization Management Office within a large Global PMO attain operational health, engagement, and organizational alignment through proposed changes. The person in this role will define problems and solutions based on various research methodology and surveys. This person should be able to help Global PMO achieve excellence by analyzing operational practices and devising strategies for improving performance and quality, and carrying out organizational programs.
- Acting as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
- Overseeing executive meeting preparation and planning
- Planning leadership team retreats, developing objectives and agenda, coordinating with executive assistant on logistics
- Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Crafting and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success
- Providing communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, presentations, internal and external communications, and/or social media post
- Devising strategies to increase employee's happiness and promote growth.
- Overseeing the implementation of updated organizational strategies.
- Reviewing and analyzing the efficacy of revised operational strategies.
- Monitoring and responding to feedback on organizational programs.
- Defining and implementing collaboration forums for the managers and the members of the group.
- Leading annual strategic planning for the department.
- Defining and carrying out programs to champion growth, learning, and development.
- Defining engagement programs and processes.
- Creating & updating dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators of employee engagement.
- Updating and maintaining Global PMO knowledge base.
- Leading hiring processes: drafting & posting job descriptions, and outlining an interview process
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, business management or similar.
- MBA from top institute, preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a business analyst or consulting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed core consulting skills of research, analysis, presentation, and attention to details.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and effectively produce results.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative approach.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence, preferred.
- Detail oriented, yet knowing how to aggregate the information and present it succinctly and clearly to executives.
- Ability to be self-directed and be an independent contributor to the team.
- Ability to get things done - Master organizer and project planner, consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Confidence and maturity to work with senior executives.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.