PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Security Operations Engineer-SNEI
San Diego, CA
We are looking for an inspirational and hardworking person to join the Security Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)! You'll be joining an exciting team of innovative engineers who are unified in their mission to make PlayStation the best and most secure gaming platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring the security needs are met. The Engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will improve the overall security posture of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a solid grasp of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on implementation and management of security devices and applications to supervise and monitor network, servers, databases, and applications
- Hands-on experience designing and supporting a variety of types of security technologies including but not limited to Web Application Firewall (WAF), Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP), Intrusion Prevention Systems, and Network or Cloud Firewalls
- Utilize telemetry, log data, and monitoring tools to troubleshoot common issues related to WAF, RASP, Firewall, and other security devices
- Participates in on call rotation for 24x7 support of security operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
- GIAC GPPA certification preferred, or relevant perimeter security experience
- 3+ year security engineering, IT or networking experience required
- Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
- Firewall rule and policy administration knowledge
- Network routing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good independent problem solving experience
- Basic understanding of automating tasks via scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
- Have demonstrable experience in implementing security in the public cloud.
- Ability to handle parallel tasks and accurately detail resolutions
- Industry recognized professional certification such as GPPA, Security+, CCNP, CCSE, CISSP
- Past experience with or current understanding of security policies and procedures
- Direct experience with security infrastructure engineering, ideally in Cloud environments
- Experience using and deploying container environments
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.