PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Francisco, CA
As a Program Manager at SIE, you will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. You will have the opportunity to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects for the PlayStation Network platform experience. The responsibilities listed below are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned as needed.
We are seeking someone not only with experience developing large software programs, but someone who approaches their work with curiosity, engagement and a bias toward action.
- Drive ongoing execution and delivery of large-scale programs while partnering with design, product, engineering, business and operational teams.
- Collaborate with development teams to develop full program plans including timelines, dependencies, risk factors, success criteria, and outcomes
- Provide clear, detailed and timely communication for status reporting and developing issues to relevant partners and team members
- Build partner relationships and collaborate with Engineering, Product, and other major internal as well as external partner teams
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
- Enable and influence teams to make a difference
- 3+ years of program/project management experience, with exposure to software development and delivery at scale
- Proven track record of managing schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks, communications, quality/testing plans, and release plans
- Solid understanding of software lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- Experience in agile development methodologies and principles
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with process management and desire to drive process improvements
- Expertise with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Trello, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to look around the corner, identify and prevent potential risks
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Experience with working across global, distributed teams with team-centric mentality
- Attention to the details and passion to deliver a unified and delightful experience for the consumer
- Experience in a high transaction network based services, gaming industry or social media
- Japanese language proficiency is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.