PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Engineering Manager, Product UX and Tooling
Aliso Viejo, CA
- Collaborate with engineers and project managers to deliver highly available and robust tools and applications that support some of PlayStation’s Future Technology Group
- Participate in implementation and design of system architectures. We're cloud native!
- Work with leads of different departments to remove blockers and improve overall development process
- Provide career development and mentorship for engineering team members
- Provide regular status updates to upper management
- BS, MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of relevant development experience
- 3+ years leading teams and/or projects
Skills & Knowledge
- Expert knowledge with at least one of these: Angular, Ember, Node, Redis, NGINX, React.
- Experience with Web technologies such as REST, JSON, gRPC
- Experience developing Web front ends for distributed web applications
- Working knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Strong knowledge of one or two data stores (i.e. NoSQL, Relational, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management tools: JIRA, Confluence, Trello, etc.
- Solid understanding of Agile development processes
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and CNCF technologies
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enjoys giving technical presentations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.