PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Cloud Engineer
Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA (hybrid working model)
Sony PlayStation's Business & Finance Systems Infrastructure is seeking a highly passionate DevOps/Cloud Engineer to provide exceptional hosting and infrastructure support for critically important services at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
As a Staff Engineer, you will work as a technical lead on various cloud initiatives through all phases of design, implementation, and support. While contributing at a high level technically, this role will also require a passion for customer service, proven through problem solving, customer empathy, and communication. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is eager to learn by taking on new challenges, while also demonstrating an equal commitment to helping others grow. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Act as technical lead for many cloud initiatives - you’ll engineer, implement and maintain core systems infrastructure for critical business & finance services.
- Automate with tooling that will streamline our internal processes. You’ll seek for ways to make us more efficient as we build, maintain, and monitor our systems.
- Ensure all systems meet our high security standards by implementing new tooling and processes.
- Deal with incidents, working under pressure to restore services quickly while maintaining a high level of communication.
- Work well with others including with the wider IT teams and business units.
- Maintain high standards of documentation and adhere to processes and standards.
- Comfortable being the sole resource on projects with the ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global operations.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a professional IT environment with hands-on technical experience and demonstrated success in delivering of projects.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Expert experience in the design and implementation of: Linux, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible, as well as installation, configuration, and management.
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell.
- Familiarity of Storage types (SAN, NAS, Block and Unstructured).
- Solid understanding of Backup systems and methods.
- Ability to set up and configure host and service monitoring.
- Understanding of DNS and networking.
- Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong time management skills with a passion for technology and a desire to learn and grow.
- Willingness to compromise, you must be able to listen and understand other perspectives.
- Pro-active, self-managing and remains calm under pressure.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a keen eye for detail.
- A natural aptitude for learning and understanding multiple systems and tools.
- Prior experience supporting financial services, is a plus!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.