PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer - C#
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for developing reusable and performant C# code? Do you relish in crafting engineering solutions that are used across a variety of platforms? Do you consider test automation an instrumental part of the development process? We are looking for a senior-level engineer to join our high-performance framework team for the PlayStation console gaming system. We apply solutions and technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, web, mobile, and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact daily.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of analytics for our partners. This position is an opportunity to join one of the world’s most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, Japan and Europe.
- Develop C# components forming the native layer that React components can use
- Produce excellent design, development, testing, and documentation
- Challenge the status quo and propose innovative solutions to engineering and testing of our framework components
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to evolving requirements
- Contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
- Tutor and mentor junior Engineers within the Engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expert in C# development
- C++ or object-oriented programming
- UI Component and framework knowledge in C#
- Experience leading the development and providing technical engineering vision of medium to large-sized applications
- Experience with Git
- Experience in performance tuning network-connected applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Lower level graphics programming skills in C++ or DirectX or OpenGL
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.