PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Corporate Strategy Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Corporate Strategy Manager to join the Corporate Strategy team to help define the future of the gaming industry. The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for mid-to-long term strategy and works with our leaders to build strategic analyses and develop relevant insights to guide our executives. You will work across the entire organization to understand all aspects of PlayStation, identifying and articulating innovation strategies while also supporting sophisticated corporate development projects. This role is a unique opportunity to strengthen our business strategies with valuable analysis, data and consumer insights - a strong track record in business planning, analysis and modeling is a must.
- Generating complex analyses and scenario planning for executive recommendation and decision-making
- Evaluating new business models, as well as making recommendations on how to optimize existing business opportunities
- Generating, synthesizing and analyzing relevant research reports to advise mid and long-term strategy
- Partnering with internal & external stakeholders to identify business opportunities and inform long-term strategy
- Supporting critical initiatives with rigorous data analysis
- Analyzing and interpreting large business intelligence data sets to discover key insights to drive business objectives
- Generating ad-hoc internal analysis and Power Point presentations, optimizing for salient information and flow
- Assisting in research of overall industry trends and qualitative/quantitative competitive analysis
- 10 years+ years of strategic planning, management consulting, or in a highly strategic role
- Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy and plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and executive presence
- Advanced financial & managerial model building
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work and lead projects independently, and thrive with ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Proactive, able to self-start, pitch and manage relevant projects with minimal direction
- Video game industry knowledge
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Additional Preferred Experiences/Skills
- MBA or equivalent degree strongly preferred
- Passion for video games
- Experience in mobile gaming
- Experience working in a gaming studio
- Tech, gaming or related industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.