PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Brand Partnerships
Location: San Mateo, CA or London, UK
The PlayStation Global Marketing Team is growing! Do you want to fully demonstrate the power of the PlayStation by engaging with current and new partners to drive engagement and increase exposure and awareness for the PlayStation brand? We are looking for a new team member to develop, manage, and complete the global brand partnership strategy. This includes the portfolio of games, products, and services. You will seek out and evaluate new partnership opportunities, among like-minded consumer brands, as well as support current partner relationships. You pride yourself in being able to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with like-minded brand partners who can offer access to targeted consumer profiles around key marketing periods for the PlayStation brand, and portfolio of products.
- Develop and lead all aspects of the strategic plan, and associated programming, for how PlayStation provides a unique story for brand partners to ensure we engage the right partners in exchange for the right marketing value/integration.
- Act as the key liaison with brand partners with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development and pitch strategy for custom co-marketing opportunities with brands, and/or their agencies, in support of PlayStation business goals
- Lead all co-marketing contract negotiations to deliver the greatest level of marketing support/exposure for PlayStation
- Maintain and develop relationships with both brands and agency partners
- Forecast potential marketing value, budget, and return on investment on all partnership opportunities
- Passion to drive the strategy for global brand partnerships, in addition to providing local mentorship and relevance. Guide local teams to implement both global and local campaigns; Review of local/territory led initiatives involving brand partners
Steward a team who:
- Develops the most effective messaging within the campaign for our PlayStation brand
- Ensures the right creative and promotion mix in conjunction with the partner relationships
- Supervises program results and performance to ensure key benchmarks are met
- Lead all aspects of all agency partners, who support brand partnership programming, to ensure PlayStation secures the right partners, with the appropriate programming, delivering breakthrough programs and creativity.
- Partner with product marketing teams to develop unique assets and promotional opportunities that can be demonstrated to secure brand partnerships for key product/service launches; educate internal teams on what is required to deliver outstanding partnerships
- Collaborate with internal teams to effectively use existing marketing relationships/assets and avoid conflicting programming
- Build and organize compelling presentations for internal and external audiences; on average, development of 2-3 presentations per week
- Detailed budget management, including accurate forecasting and tracking
- Communicate trends, shifts, opportunities, and program statuses with internal teams and management
- Experience concepting and carrying out global, integrated brand partnerships supported with above-the-line and below-the-line media.
- Ability to conceptualize, quantify, communicate and implement strategic marketing/brand partnerships
- Strategic and critical problem solver with the ability to fully understand the range of PlayStation products, strategically evaluate outside brand products and identify marketing alignments. Proficient in brand partnership strategies and tactics.
- Be eloquent, remaining objective and professional in a high-pressure environment; Ability to interact professionally with partners at all levels. Shown success in building productive, long-term relationships.
- Solution-orientated approach to problem solving; ability to shift conversations and recommend creative solutions
- Experience and ability to negotiate both simple and sophisticated agreements; Shown success negotiating global brand partnerships and selling cross-promotional partnerships.
- Motivated, organized, self-starter who can react effectively and professionally to situations that require quick response or turnaround. Comfortable working independently as well as in a team while multi-tasking between multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Clear and concise communication skills, with a partner/client service orientated approach; Strong presentation and sales skills. Ability to concept, write and develop persuasive, organized presentations quickly. Ability to organize an array of feedback and present it up the channel to enlist the desired outcome.
- Capability to build and foster a team who carries out the global brand partnership strategy – driving creative thinking and best in class execution
- Partner with local territory teams to provide strategic guidance, develop robust campaigns, and drive programs that are relevant both globally and locally
- Supervise program results and performance to ensure key benchmarks are met
- MS Office, proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet applications. Experience in Photoshop/Illustrator is a plus.
Experience / Education:
- BA or postgraduate degree in Marketing or related field
- 15+ years in the brand marketing and/or partnerships marketing space, with proven experience delivering successful partnerships and campaigns
- Strong relationship management, planning, negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Experience in delivering global, or multi-market, marketing campaigns
- Gaming knowledge/experience
- Leadership and Culture: Proven track record of developing and managing a team effectively
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.