PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Corporate Development
San Mateo, CA
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Manager, Corporate Development. SIE’s Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE’s management team and is responsible for identifying inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and completes transactions that are aligned with SIE’s strategic priorities and drive significant long-term value for the company.
The foundational work of the team involves developing market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on rigorous investment criteria and evaluation by internal partners. Members of the team will develop the business case (including commonalities) and drive internal alignment on strategic fit and the post-deal plan. The team works collaboratively across all functions and services at SIE.
This is an exciting and challenging role with significant executive exposure. The Manager is expected to bring financial analysis and deal experience, as well as strategic problem-solving skills. The position offers unique opportunities at the convergence of the global media and technology industries, and a chance to influence the evolution of this fast paced sector.
- Work with Corporate Strategy and other internal partners to continuously refine the major strategic themes that guide SIE’s M&A strategy
- Construct business case and prepare detailed valuation models for potential transactions
- Prepare presentations which outline the strategic rationale for transactions
- Participate in cross functional due diligence process and provide project management from due diligence through conclusion/signing
- Present business cases and analytics to senior management to gain approval
- Research and analyze secondary market research to provide support for corporate development, strategic and possible M&A activities
- Build and maintain relationships with partners across SIE and across the other Sony businesses to facilitate discovery of opportunities and alignment on projects
- Lead and facilitate post-merger integration activities to ensure successful transaction outcomes
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA (QUALIFICATIONS):
SIE is seeking top-tier candidates that ideally possess the following qualifications:
- 5-8+ years of investment banking, corporate development (M&A) experience
- Experience evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, including identifying key strategic themes and building financial models and presentations
- Proven track record of in all parts of the end-to-end M&A process for both large and small transactions, including acquisitions, joint ventures and investments
- Strategic, quantitative and financial modelling skills, including the ability to structure the rationale for M&A recommendations with data and perform valuation analysis
- Experienced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and PowerPoint
- Data savvy with the ability to drill down and identify key drivers and communicate insightful, practical recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and executive presence
- Ability to multi-task, lead multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to function effectively across globally distributed management teams
- BA required
- MBA required
- Experience working for a major video gaming or entertainment company a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.