PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Cloud Back-End Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Implementation of features in distributed back end systems
- Design, implement, and operate critical and scalable services – such as resource allocation, live streaming, and low-latency processing
- Enjoy taking full ownership of projects and features from conception to production
- Appropriately test, and debug your work, striving for high quality
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Define and craft integration tests with Test Engineering
- Continually bring new ideas and insights about technology to the team
- Mentor other team members on standard development methodologies
- Advocates software craftsmanship and takes pride in their work
- Passionate about establishing relationships with other CGEI teams to help improve development processes and eliminate inefficiencies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience with Java or Golang required
- Knowledge in NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Consul, ElasticSearch, Kibana, and other CNCF technologies
- Skilled in designing microservices
- Strong understanding of concepts such as concurrency, parallelism, and event driven architecture
- Knowledge of Web technologies including REST, JSON, gRPC, and WebSockets
- Thrives in an environment with lots of high level context and minimal guidance
- Strong understanding of the operational aspects of your team’s systems and actively participate in incident response
- Familiar with Agile development concepts
- Familiar with AWS technologies such as S3, SQS, etc
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Contribution to the open-source community (blogs, source code, etc)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.